Thursday, 13 October 2016
A POETIC NARRATIVE: AS I JOURNEY THROUGH THE YESTERYEARS
Some days run fast like a rabbit.
Some days crawl along like a tortoise.
Time they say is only a concept.
Where did time go?
Life gets complicated by the day.
Wars, tribulations, fighting, killings;
Bombings, infant mortality, inflation, heartbreaks, disappointments, failure;
Raised cost of living, thuggery, hunger, looting, name them.
Does it get better in time? Where did time go?
Take me back to the yesteryears.
The years I screamed in innocent lo piercing laughter,
The years I jumped and clapped in ecstatic delight,
The years we ran in circles, hands intertwined,
Buttocks bared, rear cheeks peeping in panty holes,
Shooting guns made of papaya branches,
Yesteryears of no worries, running along with jeeps made
only of abandoned car tires and bicycle wheels.
Excuse me Sage, where did time go?
He said; 'variety is the spice of life',
'Your honour, you mean a little happiness occasionally spiced with sadness?'
What's life when time flies?
How then do memories stay?
When sanity has run wild,
Pat me on the back in case I'm still asleep
A life where hopes and Dreams are drums of war,
Pains and loss is our duvet of peace
Take us back in time Let's tell a tale;
Of hope, love, care, smiles, laughter, plenty;
Of pleasant memories, helping hands, support,
and again hope, all we need to sail through this wilderness.
Yesteryears of numb and sanity
Time where young blood cared less of looks but future
A tale told in manifold patches
As our children then knew nothing but greetings,
The world is far beyond repairs,
Kudos and cheers to civilization.
Better days are all I dream of as I lay back,
relapsed on my rocking chair, swinging to and fro,
withdrawing into the inner casement of my mind
as the Sun gently carresses my velvety skin.
'Hey sweet lady, a glass of cranberry juice would be just perfect.'
'Oui Mademoiselle' responds the sweet lady.
Hope and love; the duo keep me going.
Can we pause a little and reinvent our world?
Indeed how time flies.
@PENNITT
Labels:
Gloria Edem
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Powerful piece. You're doing well Pennitt
ReplyDeleteThank you Anonymous
Delete