Tuesday, 19 July 2016

A REVIEW OF ''THE SECRET''


The best thing that has ever happened to me was my stumbling upon Rhonda Byrne's 'The Secret' in my friend's room.
At first I felt it was just one of those inspirational books I come across at every turn and twist of my body. No! This was different. This book changed my life. It changed my perception, my reasoning and my outlook.

In my usual culture, I opened a section randomly, skimmed and scanned. I began to wonder, 'why so many random and ancient quotes?', then I hit the jackpot. I got stuck. I needed to start from the very cover and digest the book so I could understand what this secret really was. Good thing my friend didn't hesitate  in lending the book to me.

The thing is, I can't keep something this wonderful to myself. I felt I would burst if I do not spill. Hence, this is me spilling. But I encourage you to  go ahead and get a copy of the book for yourself and loved ones. You shouldn't be satisfied with the crumbs I'll be dropping here and there. This is just a review of this life-changing book; you need to hear from the horse's mouth still.

What is this secret?

The secret means that we are Creators of our universe and every wish that we want to create will manifest in our lives. Do you believe that you have such power? Well, believing doesn't matter. You may not understand it but that doesn't mean you should reject it. You may not understand how electricity works but you are enjoying the benefits of it. aren't you? That is just the way it is.
The great secret of life is the 'Law of Attraction'. Like attracts like. This law is applicable to thoughts. You become what you think about most; you also attract what you think about most. Your life is a mirror of the dominant thoughts you think.

For example; whenever you have unhappy thoughts, the law of attraction brings up lots of other similar unhappy thoughts. It gets you sad or upset the more. Same thing with good or happy thoughts. Personally, whenever i think about the reasons i dislike a person, my thoughts attracts more negative things about the person. I begin to remember even the bad things that escaped my attention. It makes stronger my hatred for the person. When I realized this secret, I asked myself, why not make these thoughts positive? It makes me happy and improves the way i relate with people.

If you think about what you want in your mind and also make that your dominant thought, you will bring it into your life. "Thoughts become things". They have frequencies and they send out signals to the universe which in turn attracts like things that are on the same frequency.

If you want to change anything in your life, change the channel, and change the frequency by changing your thoughts. STOP thinking about what you don't want. START thinking about what you want. Your thoughts are reflected back to you as your life's experiences.

Start your day with a good and happy feeling, do not allow anything to change that mood, and you will continue to attract more situations and people that sustain that happy feelings. You will most definitely have a good day.

You can track your thoughts by tracking your feelings. Your feelings are your Frequency Feedback Mechanism. This means that, if you feel happy or excited, then that is a sign that your thoughts are good. If you feel sad, track your thoughts and change it. Think of someone or something that makes you happy. You can play a beautiful piece of music or start singing. You will start feeling good.

Here is a tip: the feeling of love is the greatest in the universe. If you could wrap every thought in love, if you could love everything and everyone, your life would be transformed.

If you think of the universe as friendly, so it shall be for you. If you think life is hard or life is a struggle, that is what the law of attraction will attract to you.

Think about all the perfect things about you. You will never change your body if you are critical of it. You will only attract more faults.

Think your day in advance. Think of how you want it to be. Think good success. Think goal accomplishment.

To attract money, do not think of not having enough money. Do not think of debt. Do not think of the bills or lack. Do not think that the only way money can come your way is through your job. Rather, focus on wealth, think of prosperity and abundance of money. Demonstrate faith in giving and the law of attraction will give you more to give.

To acquire love, fill yourself up with it until you become a magnet.

Write down what you want on a piece of paper in present tense, explain how you want your life to be. Example: 'I am very happy', 'I am in a blissful relationship', 'I am successful', ' I have so much money', 'I am a best-selling author', 'people are always willing to help and offer assistance to me'. Etc.
Visualize the things you want; make mental pictures of them and watch the universe bring it back to you.

Having read this book, I have made much efforts to live and think positive thoughts. On many occasions I have had cause to rejoice that I know this secret. It will always work for me. One day I was so broke but I decided not to focus on that. I kept thinking to myself, 'i will be gifted in cash today'. Of course I did get a cash gift from a lady friend that day. I shared the good news with the friend who lend the book to me. That money saw me through that week in school. What are you waiting for?

The outside world is just a world of effects. It is a result of our thoughts. Take control of your thoughts.

Contact us for reviews of books of your choice. thank you.

@PENNITT


7 comments:

  1. Very thoughtful of you, getting to know the "secret" also changed my perception. I actually stumbled on the video few years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have the video. Thank you Prince.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I think u should also read " the power of the mind" by Pastor Chris Oyakhilome. Its very insightful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will do well to check it out. Do you have a soft copy?

      Delete

You enjoyed reading? Don't be selfish. Pen that thought.